Performance & Development Reviews for Employees
Training of managers and employees is critical for the effective use of any performance review and development system. This course trains employees in how to get the most out of the performance review. This course is specifically designed to help the employee being reviewed.
The course covers all the key topics of a performance review. The course provides answers to common employee questions, such as:
- What is a performance review?
- What will happen during the meeting? What will the review cover? What time periods might be involved eg. is it an annual review only?
- What is my role in the review?
- How do I prepare?
- Can I ask for things that I want, for example, training and further education?
- What is a good review? What rights do I have? Am I free to complain about or appeal the review process?
What can I achieve? How do I make it a positive experience?
As the course is not tailored to your particular circumstances, it should not be treated as legal advice.
At the successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the performance review and development cycle.
- Assist with writing objectives for the year.
- Assist with creating a development plan.
- Actively participate in a quarterly review.
- Prepare effectively for the performance review and development meeting.
- Utilise appropriate interpersonal skills throughout the meeting.
Assess own performance against set objectives and behavioural competencies.
45 minutes (nominal)